D-ROC Standard Fingerboard radius – 240 mm (9.45”)
The D-ROC Standard bass features a single radius (240 mm) fingerboard. This makes for a very comfortable playing experience.
4 string model - E A D G
5 string model - B E A D G
- Bridge Spacing 4
- 19 mm – .748″
- Bridge spacing 5
- Bridge spacing 6
- Nut width 4
- 42 mm – 1.65″
- Nut width 5
- Nut width 6
- Heel width 4
- 60 mm – 2.36″
- Heel width 5
- Heel width 6
- Neck thickness @ 1st fret
- 21 mm – .827″
- Neck thickness @ 12th fret
- 24 mm – .945″
- Body Core
The average weight of the D-ROC Standard is a low 8.5 to 9.5 lbs.
- Standard Top
- Tone Chambers
- Top Options
- Exotic wood contrasting layer option
- Matching Wood Cover Plates
The Gloss/Matte D-ROC Standard finishes are a polyurethane color and top coats. This industry standard finish is long-wearing and beautiful for years of service life.
- Gloss Metalflake Aquamarine, matching headstock edge
Matte Blue to Purple Colorshift, matching headstock edge
Matte Blackburst, matching headstock edge
- Neck Construction
We take neck construction very seriously due to our extensive experience in guitar repairs coupled with our geographic location and corresponding extreme climate. In my years in the guitar repair business I constantly had to deal with humidity related problems made worse by the huge temperature and humidity swings of our local climate. Many of these problems could have been minimized through simple design changes and materials choices.
Touring musicians are constantly amazed at how stable Dingwall instruments are. Many state that their Dingwall necks are as stable as their graphite necked instruments.
We’ve experimented with many different laminations and have found a 5-piece maple construction to be among the best. Years of experience have proven this design to be extremely stable and reliable.
- Neck Carve
- Medium thin C shape
- Neck Reinforcement
Heavy duty truss-rod
Headstock design - flat. We designed a downsized tribute headstock with Hipshot Licenced Ultralite tuners. The results are excellent balance and solid performance.
- Headstock options
- Standard Fingerboard
- Fingerboard Options
- Fretless Option
- Fret Options
- We use 18% hard nickel silver fretwire. Lee Sklar turned us onto the benefits of small frets. The advantages are a more woody, less metallic tone, smoother glissandos and a faster feel. Our standard size is “banjo” size. This is the same size as you’d find on most guitars from the 50’s and 60’s. Although its size is smaller than standard bass fretwire, its service life is about the same.
- Position Markers and Inlays
- 3 mm plastic face dots, 2 mm plastic side dots.
- The FD-3N pickups are made to our specifications. They feature Neodymium magnets which offer high output and a smooth but aggressive tone.
- Pickup Options
- 3 pickup neck/middle/bridge
- Exotic wood shells, matching wood shells
- Standard Electronics
- Passive, FD-3n pickups, Vol, rotary pickup selector, passive tone,
- Pre-amp Option
- Pickup Switching
- Position 1 - Bridge (CCW)
Position 2 - Bridge/Middle (Parallel)
Position 3 - Middle
Position 4 - Bridge/Middle/Neck (CW)
- The D-ROC Standard now features Smoked Nickel knurled dome style knobs with a set-screw.
The jack is one of the most critical electronic components of a bass. It’s the most likely to suffer abuse so needs to be rugged in order to be reliable. We wanted the D-ROC Standard to be as reliable as it is great sounding and looking so we install the traditional style jack plate with a Switchcraft brand jack.
- Hardware color
- Smoked Nickel
- We tested a lot of tuners when designing the Combustion. We were able to find an open-back tuner that met our requirements of light-weight and smooth feel. These tuners will provide years of trouble free performance. We also chose them to have the exact same hole specifications as both Gotoh and Hipshot tuners so replacement or upgrades down the road are a simple process.
- We started with an available bridge/saddle system that met our requirements for lock-down solid performance and great tone. Then we improved on it by designing a custom riser system to provide increased range of action adjustability.
- Strap Pins