Create custom effects BOSS Tone Studio editor software
The Katana 100 supports 55 sweet BOSS effects, and you can load up to 15 of them for instant access. The amp's Booster/Mod, Delay/FX, and Reverb controls give you easy one-knob access to each effects type, with a color-coded button to switch between preset effects. To completely customize your effects and amp settings, connect the Katana 100 to your computer via USB and load up the Tone Studio software. Create your own setup, or download setups created by pro guitarists at the BOSS Tone Central website. Best of all, the Katana 100 can store two custom amp and effects setups for instant recall, effectively making the Katana 100 a versatile two-channel amplifier.
Direct output for silent recording or direct performance
While the Katana 100 offers a Power Control for getting cranked-amp tone at a low volume level, you can achieve truly silent recording by connecting the amp's line output to a line input on your recording device, completely bypassing the speaker. It's also an easy way to connect directly to a PA system to help keep the volume down onstage.
BOSS Katana 100 Combo Amplifier Features:
- Versatile combo amp with five amp voicings, customizable effects, and editor software
- Amp characters include Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown (derived from the BOSS Waza amp), and Acoustic (for acoustic-electric guitar)
- Can store 15 different effects (three can be used simultaneously), selected from 55 BOSS effects
- Variable Power Control allows you to achieve cranked-amp tone at lower volume levels
- Shape your tone quickly with dedicated Gain, EQ, and Effects controls
- Use the BOSS Tone Studio editor software to customize your effects and amp settings
- Effects Loop allows you to add effects pedals after the preamp section